Travel Information: COVID-19 Update
- For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival,* as long as the change or cancellation is made by June 30, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today and June 30, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date.* Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date who booked rooms into a Group block via a direct Marriott channel (e.g., Marriott.com or directly with the hotel), including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival,* as long as the change or cancellation is made by June 30, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences. Guests can cancel or change existing reservations regardless of whether the event itself has been cancelled.
- For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today and June 30, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date.* Please note that any changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- Guests who booked rooms into a Group block using a third-party channel (e.g., online travel agents, meeting planners or other third-party travel professionals) are advised to contact the relevant third party for information on the third party’s policies. If a third party cancels the event, it is the third party’s responsibility to cancel the individual reservations made on each guest’s behalf.
- Some exclusions may apply. May exclude periods with special event restrictions or peak demand weeks. Please refer to the property’s Rate Details for applicable terms or exceptions, if any, when booking or changing reservations.
- Individual (transient) guestroom reservation refunds of any kind (e.g., cash or credit voucher) may take up to 90 days from the date of cancellation to be processed. The form and timing of refund may be subject to applicable laws where each hotel is located.
- Design Hotels and Homes & Villas by Marriott International (HVMI) are excluded from this policy. HVMI-specific cancellation guidance is available here.
- Marriott Vacations Worldwide (e.g., Marriott, Sheraton and Westin Vacation Ownership resorts) is included in this policy for transient reservations only. For owner occupancy reservations, please visit http://hub.vacationclub.com.
- For individual reservations booked into a pre-existing group block, please refer to cancellation terms quoted at the time of reservation. For more information, please contact the group organizer or the hotel.
- For group organizer questions on terms and conditions of group contracts, please contact the hotel.
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real Time Information: Marriott’s Corporate and regional teams are on standby 24/7 to support the hotels and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
- Guest Rooms: Hotels use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: Hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” hotels are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices.
- Rooms for Responders: With support from our credit card partners, American Express and JPMorgan Chase, we are committed to providing $10 million worth of hotel stays for healthcare professionals leading the fight against COVID-19 in the United States. We are partnering with the American College of Emergency Physicians and the Emergency Nurses Association to match front line doctors and nurses with free accommodations in some of the areas most impacted including New York City, New Orleans, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Washington, D.C. and Newark, NJ.
- Community Caregiver Program: This initiative, available in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean and Latin America, provides significantly discounted rates for first responders and healthcare professionals who want to book rooms at hotels in close proximity to the hospitals where they’re working. The rate is available on Marriott.com at nearly 2,500 hotels.
- Donate Marriott Bonvoy Points: Through Marriott Bonvoy’s Giving Platform, you can donate your Marriott Bonvoy points to relief organizations that are active in COVID-19 responses around the world and that Marriott is also supporting, including the American Red Cross, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, UNICEF and World Central Kitchen.
- Status Extension: We want you to be able to enjoy the status that you earned in 2019. With that in mind, the status you earned in 2019 will be extended to February 2022.
- Points Expiration: To provide you ample time to redeem points, the expiration of points will be paused until February 2021. At that time, your points will only expire if your account has been inactive for at least 24 months.
- Suite Night Awards (SNAs): We have extended the expiration of suite night awards by one year from December 31, 2020 to December 31, 2021.
- Free Night Award (FNA): Members who currently have an active Free Night Award (FNA) expiring in 2020 as part of their credit card benefit, annual choice benefit, promotions or travel package will be able to use it through January 31, 2021. (Exception: Members in mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and Taiwan the Free Night Awards will be extended 12 months into 2021 from the date of expiration).
Give the Gift of Points
Boost your points balance
Save 30% when you purchase 2,000 or more points and get to your vacation faster.
You can make a difference
Give the gift of helping others. Donate your points to charity.
Boost their points balance
Give the gift of travel to your friends and family. Save 30% when you give 2,000 or more points.
Share the love
Earn up to 50,000 points each calendar year when you refer your friends to Marriott Bonvoy.
Give the Gift of Time
Discover home rentals
Earn and redeem points at exceptionally curated homes in dream-worthy destinations.
A time for wonder
Save up to 30% off ICE! packages at Gaylord Hotels® across the country.
Give more than gifts this holiday. Use points for once-in-a-lifetime experiences that will last forever.
Enjoy family time
Earn points on top tours, unforgettable adventures, and must-see shows for the whole family.
Members earn 6 points per $1 when you book a balcony stateroom and above.
More time together
Book your 7+ night stay at participating hotels and receive a $25 grocery gift card.
Give the Gift of Gear
Shop special deals
Save on your favorite brands with exclusive discounts on all the gear you need.
Gear up on gift cards
Use your points for gift cards on subscriptions including Spotify, Stitch Fix®, BarkBox, HelloFresh, and more.
Give gifts of joy
Make memories this season with expertly curated gifts picked to inspire joy.
Buy a bed from your favorite hotel brand and earn 10K bonus points.
Bring vacation home
Members can now redeem points for select Marriott Bonvoy Boutiques items from their favorite hotel brands.
Give the Gift of Travel
Unwrap adventure this holiday
Give the gift of travel across 30 brands with rates from $124 this holiday season.
Get 2,000 bonus points
Register now for Unlock More. Stay twice. Earn 2K bonus points. Then unlock an additional offer.
Get 2k every day
Earn 2,000 Marriott Bonvoy points each day of your stay at Courtyard® by Marriott.
Drive more, earn more
Get special savings and up to 2,000 points on car rentals of two days or more.
Pay with points
Whether you’re flying or driving, you can pay with points, or points and cash.
This holiday season, receive up to $100 resort credit nightly to indulge in spa, golf, dining and more.
Savor the moment with exquisite suites, world-class dining, and bonus Marriott Bonvoy points.